Thursday, December 18, 2008

Decorating the tree

Well the tree we got this year was HUGE!!! We call it The Behemoth! lol We didn't think we were going to be able to get it in the house but after a lot of pushing, shoving and pulling we were able to get it in. With only minimal scratches and paint damage. There were a few spots that looked a little bare so I sent T.J. under the tree with some twine and had him tie the branches up so that it all looked fairly even, =) Below are pictures of Chloe "helping" me put on the lights. She loved the ladder. Which only frightened me a little.





The finished product. It was pretty late when we put the ornaments on and I forgot to take pictures till we were done. But Chloe wasn't very interested in putting the ornaments on the tree but she did enjoy taking them off after me and T.J. put them on.
My sister made this for me and T.J.'s first Christmas. And Chloe loves it. It is an advent calender that counts down the last 12 days before Christmas. I told her that Aunty Carla made it and she said, "Aunty Carla made it just for me!" So of course I told her yes. Now at least once a day she goes over and tells me that Aunty Carla made it just for her. I think it is so cute! lol

And I had to throw this in because I think it is beautiful! It was an early Christmas present from Scott and Deanna who have us for Christmas this year. I LOVE it! Thanks Scott & Deanna!

2 comments:

DANIELLE said...

you're not joking that tree is huge!! It's HUGE!!!!

I love the nativity! What a nice Christmas present!

Traci said...

That tree is huge! I love it though, and I bet it smells so good. That nativity is beautiful as well. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!