Monday, August 18, 2008

Alumni Football


This weekend we went up to Alamo so that T.J. could play int PVHS Alumni Football game. He had a lot of fun but as usual ended up with quite a few bruises and can barely walk now. =) I think it's hilarious that he does it every year but he does enjoy it a lot. We were supposed to go up Friday night so that he could play soft ball with the Hiko Hooligans (The Hiko soft ball team) But I have been sick with laryngitis (I think) all weekend and felt awful on Friday so we didn't go but I was feeling a little better by Saturday afternoon. So we went so that he could play in the football game (Mostly, I would've felt terrible if he missed it because of me). For the game they played the young (just graduated alumni) against all the older alumni and the poor older alumni (T.J.'s team) got creamed 22 to nothing!! It was so sad and all those older guys could barely move. LOL but I guess to them it's worth it. But I don't understand it. =) After the game the kids were running around while we talked and I had to yell at Chloe a few times to stay close and I strained my throat more than I should have because when we woke up on Sunday morning I could barely breath I was coughing so hard. And it continued on into the late afternoon. I couldn't talk it hurt so bad. But at least we were able to get one really fun day out of this weekend. And I'm feeling slightly better today. =) Oh yeah, I forgot my camera so no pictures this year but I did find a really great one of T.J. when he was in Youth Football that I'm gonna share. =)

Alamo Youth Football 1996

8 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

Oh the love of those glasses! That's awesome! I hope that you feel better and that you don't strain anything else! Miss you guys...

Kerri Marie said...

Yeah we all had a really good laugh at the expense of those glasses!!

D'On Marx said...

LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!! That's a great picture!

DANIELLE said...

Well, I guess the laryngitis explains why you don't talk to me anymore... That is the reason, RIGHT?! ;)

Wow. TJ. I always knew you were cool. LOL!

DANIELLE said...

BTW, did you hear they moved the Twilight movie up?? It traded places with Harry Potter and comes out sometime in Nov.

DANIELLE said...

OH! lol..

and how did you get your blog to mention the last time people updated their pages?? That's AMAZING!

Trevor and Lisa said...

T-I would like to know when our class moved from the young team to the old team!! We just graduated, didn't we. . .

Traci said...

That's what I was thinking...old? It hasn't been that long!