Monday, July 27, 2009

Every Parents Worst Nightmare!

Very early Sunday morning Around 2 am I woke up and looked over to see Phoebe struggling to breathe she was turning purple. I picked her up turning her on her side and then onto her stomach thinking that maybe she was choking on spit-up but nothing came out. I woke T.J. up in a panic and he tried as well to clear her airway as I ran and got a suction bulb. He suctioned her and got really really thick mucus. She would start to cry a little and then start turning purple again. So we called 911 and they sent out and ambulance. The phone medic had T.J. tilt her head back and keep suctioning out the mucus. She was doing fairly better by the time the ambulance arrived. We ended up not needing to take her to the hospital, which we are so grateful for. They told us that because she was so gassy it put a lot of stress on her and made mucus build up in her airways. SO we gave her some mylicon again (we had already given her doses after feeding her earlier that night.) and I stayed up the rest of the night to watch her and make sure she didn't worsen again. T.J. took the morning shift. She is doing fine now and slept really well last night. I think one of the scariest things was that she seemed perfectly fine when we put her to bed. We are so grateful for our Heavenly Father for watching over us yesterday. There was no reason other than divine intervention for why I woke up she was barely making a sound. I know that she had angels watching over her and the rest of us as well. We were also very lucky that Chloe slept through the whole thing so she didn't have to see all of that and be traumatized. What a testimony builder even if it was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life.

On top of all that. My nephew almost drown on Thursday night and had to be flight for lifed to Vegas. That was also a terrifying experience! He is doing great and has recovered completely. I've definitely had my fill of children not breathing for my entire life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! So scary! I'm so glad she is okay and also your little nephew!

D'On Marx said...

Could you please keep the drama down to a minimum!!! SHEESH!! How scary. I'm SO glad she's ok, though. As well as Devin. Too much drama! AGH!

Tasha Stout said...

What a blessing that you woke up! How scary that is to wake up and see her almost purple. I'm glad that she's doing better and that Chloe slept through it all. Your family is in our prayers!

philip, sherry and family said...

Scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Oh Kerri!!! I'm SO glad you woke up!!!! How scary!! You guys did so well under pressure!! You are amazing

nicole evelyn bartley said...

by the way i miss you and love you. pheobe is so stinkin cute. email me at bartleyne@myldsmail.net. i lov eyou guys

Trevor and Lisa said...

That is my worst fear!! I thought I was bad before now I am never going to sleep! I'm glad it turned out okay for you.